• Evonik’ plastics solutions make cars lighter, better looking and more environmental friendly
• Our wide range of solutions are also applied for many different industries
• ChinaPlas 2018 will be held in Shanghai International Convention Center April 24 – 27, 2018. Evonik booth is located at 7.2C75
At ChinaPlas 2018, under the theme of “Evonik plastics solutions, driving together towards better living”, Evonik will be presenting a wide range of advanced and customized solutions for many different industries, such as automotive, aviation, medical devices & human implants, lifestyle and electronics & lightings.
China’s automotive industry has been growing rapidly over the years. Recently, stringent environmental requirements and fierce competition have accelerated innovation of the industry. Evonik’s reliable solutions can help auto manufacturers to address the challenges of today and tomorrow in the areas such as lightweight, emission reduction, stylish looking and smart lightings. Those solutions are featured at the Evonik booth with a specially designed holography and a real car: the Lynk & Co 01, a 5-door crossover car and the first model launched by the Chinese car brand Lynk & Co in the end of 2017. Selective products from Evonik for the automotive market include PLEXIGLAS® and PLEXIMID® molding compounds for lenses in LED headlamps, VESTAKEEP® PEEK for AGS housing, and VESTAMID®, a polyamide molding compound for automotive lines and tubes.
In addition to automotive, Evonik’s plastics solutions are applied in many different industries, such as aviation, medical devices, 3D printing, lifestyle and industrial applications. Product highlights include but are not limited to:
• ROHACELL®, PMI-based structural foam used in fibre reinforced composite technology which has been applied in China’s first home-made large passenger aircraft C919;
• VESTAKEEP® i-Grade PEEK which offers the extraordinary quality of the implant;
• VESTAMID® NRG, PA 12 which significantly increases service life and reduces cost when used as anti-corrosion protection for pipelines;
• Triacetonamine (TAA) derivatives, the core components for modern UV stabilizers;
• TEGOMER® additives for compounding & dispersing;
• DEGALAN® binders for heat sealing applications;
• SIPERNAT®, AEROSIL®, AERODISP® and AEROXIDE® processing aid for plastic powders and plastic additives
“We see significant business opportunities for our plastics products in the dynamic Chinese market,” said Dr. Claas-Jürgen Klasen, President of Evonik Asia Pacific North, “In order to realize these potentials we must work closely with our customers to develop solutions that are tailored to the local needs. I am confident to see more successful examples like the cooperation with Lynk & Co,.”
Visit the Evonik booth or our Wechat pages to learn more about Evonik at Chinaplas 2018.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The focus on more specialty businesses, customer-orientated innovative prowess and a trustful and performance-oriented corporate culture form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. They are the lever for profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company. Evonik benefits specifically from its customer proximity and leading market positions. Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world with more than 36,000 employees. In fiscal 2017, the enterprise generated sales of €14.4 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.36 billion.
Evonik’s international activities are organized into six regions. The Asia Pacific North region is headquartered in Shanghai. Sales in Asia Pacific North reached 2,158 million euros in 2017. Evonik regards China as one of the driving forces of the global economy and we consequently endeavor to grow our business here. The company now employs about 3,000 employees and has in total of 10 production sites in China.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.