Innovation meets sustainability at in-cosmetics Asia 2018
Evonik will present a number of its latest innovations for skin and hair care at the in-cosmetics Asia 2018 from October 30 to November 1 in Bangkok, Thailand. Based on the targeted use of novel biological processes, these latest innovations range from an all-natural glycolipid for skin and hair cleansing, to a lactobacillus extract for skincare.
New product innovations
With its existing biotechnology know-how, Evonik’s Personal Care Business Line combines innovation and sustainability with six new products and two market concepts.
• NeoPlanta® Withania from Evonik Advanced Botanicals harnesses the power of the mystical plant Ashwagandha from the Himalayas through cultivation of organ cultures. The powerful and multifunctional active provides protection against solar pollution and inner rejuvenation.
• Hairflux® is a new ceramide blend to regenerate damaged hair and soothe irritated scalp. The skin-identical ceramide makes it suitable for skin care use.
• Skinolance® is Evonik’s first microbiotic skin care product, reflecting growing consumer interest in solutions that address the skin microbiome. The product uses cell-free lactobacillus extract to promote the natural balance of the skin flora, which is beneficial to the skin’s barrier function.
• TEGO® enlight is a blend of natural components such as phytic acid salt from rice bran and white mulberry extract for effective skin brightening, even skin tone, and treatment of age spots.
• TEGO® Smart Polymers, a new addition to its robust sensory portfolio. It provides SPF boosting in sun care and enhanced pigment dispersion in color cosmetics.
At the tradeshow, Evonik will also showcase its leading expertise in sustainable chemistry with uncompromised performance through its new RHEANCE® glycolipid. The product enables gentle yet effective cleansing performance and is manufactured exclusively from sugar using a natural fermentation process. Visitors will have the opportunity to experience the versatile applications of RHEANCE® One during the “Formulation Lab” seminar, which will be held on October 30 at 2.30pm.
New market concepts
To address the global trend towards “skinification” of hair care, Evonik will bring two new market concepts focusing on hair and scalp care in a similar fashion as for the skin.
• “Micellar Evolution for Hair Care” extends Evonik’s leading micellar technology from facial cleaning to hair and scalp category. This includes mild purifying micellar shampoo and damage restoring micellar jelly conditioner.
• “New Texture for Hair Care” will give consumers more reasons to enjoy their daily hair care routine with five innovative formulations.
Evonik Dr. Straetmans, the experts for alternative preservation systems, which has been part of the Evonik Group since 2017, will present its innovations at its own stand. Customers are welcome to try these formulations at Evonik’s booth I30; whilst Evonik Dr. Straetmans will be located at booth N90.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The focus on more specialty businesses, customer-orientated innovative prowess and a trustful and performance-oriented corporate culture form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. They are the lever for profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company. Evonik benefits specifically from its customer proximity and leading market positions. Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world with more than 36,000 employees. In fiscal 2017, the enterprise generated sales of €14.4 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.36 billion.
Evonik’s international activities are organized into six regions. The Asia Pacific North region is headquartered in Shanghai. Sales in Asia Pacific North reached 2,158 million euros in 2017. Evonik regards China as one of the driving forces of the global economy and we consequently endeavor to grow our business here. The company now employs about 3,000 employees and has in total of 10 production sites in China.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.