Evonik, one of the world’s leading specialty chemical companies will showcase its latest polymers and additive solutions for a variety of industrial and consumer-oriented applications, such as Transportation, Industrial Manufacturing, Lifestyle and 3D printing at ChinaPlas 2021.
Fuliang Xia, President of Evonik Greater China said, “Guided by our purpose Leading beyond chemistry to improve life, today and tomorrow, we support the sustainable growth of China’s plastic industry by helping our customers to enhance the performance of their products. We focus on providing market-oriented applications and differentiated values through continuous innovation and collaboration with our customers.”
Under the theme “Leading beyond Chemistry, Material Innovations from Evonik”, Evonik will present its wide-ranging portfolio and competencies for the plastics industry. The new product innovations that will be highlighted during the four-day event in Shenzhen include:
Material solutions developed specifically for the fast-growing automotive electric vehicle and transportation markets
- VESTAMID® PA12 insulation provides a high level of fire protection and outstanding dielectric properties, particularly for power busbars in high-voltage batteries.
- Cooling lines made of the VESTAMID®-based multilayer system MLT 8000 enable car manufacturers to design a more efficient thermal management system.
- High-tech plastic gears made with VESTAKEEP® PEEK ensure lower friction losses than conventional metal gears, to set the new standards in efficiency.
- VESTAKEEP® PEEK co-extruded wires deliver higher electrical performance in electric motors.
- ROHACELL® rigid foam can reduce weight in airplanes and high speed trains.
High-performance solutions for industrial applications
- Pipes for the energy sector made from VESTAMID® NRG can withstand the harshest onshore and offshore conditions.
- VESTENAMER® process additives help to close the materials cycle for rubber sustainability.
Material options for unlimited stylish design
- VESTAMID® PEBA gives more freedom of design in sports equipment with the best material properties.
- New lightweight VESTAMID® PEBA foams complement the excellent properties of solid PEBA with low weight, high rebound resilience and exceptional comfort.
- The transparent polyamide TROGAMID® not only makes glasses stylish, but also safer and more comfortable.
Tailor-made solutions to achieve design freedom in 3D printing
- INFINAM® describes Evonik’s new product portfolio of ready-to-use materials such as polymer powders and filaments, or photopolymer resins for infinite different 3D applications - rapid prototyping and series production of components with high strength and high precision.
- VESTAKEEP® i4 3DF PEEK biomaterial for 3D printable medical implants opens up new opportunities for customizing patient treatments using the Fused Filament Fabrication technology.
- INFINAM® PEEK 9359 F filament as a metal replacement for industrial 3D applications
- ALBIDUR® can be used in numerous 3D printing technologies like stereolithography and material jetting. This core shell elastomer helps improve toughness without any significant reduction in physical properties or chemical stability.
- AEROSIL® and AEROXIDE® Inorganic particles are suitable for different 3D printing base materials for improving the manufacturing, quality and performance of printed objects.
In addition to all these latest innovations in polymers and additive solutions, Evonik’s new polyamide 12 (PA 12) production complex in Marl, Germany is scheduled to be completely operational in the third quarter of 2021. The new plant will help Evonik to expand the overall production capacity of PA12 by more than 50 percent. Operations have already started at various plants at the complex.
Additive solutions for the entire plastic value chain
Evonik offers processing additives for various applications under the brands ACCUREL®, TEGOMER®, TEGOPREN®, TEGO® Sorb and TEGIN®. These additive products help to enhance performance and improve processes, including the recent launch of the carrier technology ACCUREL® XP range, for turning liquids into solids for the plastics industry.
Evonik SPHERILEX® 30 AB and SPHERILEX® 60 AB precipitated silica consist of spherical particles, that help to control particle size and ensure narrow particle distribution to offer significant benefits to multiple plastics-based products. SIPERNAT®, AEROSIL®, and AEROXIDE® are highly efficient flow and anti-blocking agents for plastic powders that can significantly improve the handling of these products.
Visit the Evonik booth at Hall 17 – A101 or follow the Evonik WeChat account to learn more.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The company is active in more than 100 countries around the world and generated sales of €12.2 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €1.91 billion in 2020. Evonik goes far beyond chemistry to create innovative, profitable and sustainable solutions for customers. More than 33,000 employees work together for a common purpose: We want to improve life today and tomorrow.
Asia Pacific is a strong driving force of the global economy and an important source of innovation. Consequently Evonik endeavors to further grow its business in the region. Sales reached €2.87 billion in 2019 and the company employs over 5,000 people at more than 50 production sites in Asia Pacific.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.